August 20, 2010

So this is the lowdown on the nursery. Below are the nurseries that have inspired the look I'm going for (simple, white, romantic, and also neutral friendly so I can reuse things incase we have a boy in the future). And the below those pictures are the items that we've collected to use for her room. It'll be so fun when its all together!!!

This nursery is so beautiful. This was what first inspired me to do all white. I love love love the crispness and yet romantic beauty of it. Source here.
This nursery is from Life In the Fun Lane. Holly is such an inspiration to me. I absolutely love her approach to decorating and her nursery is no exception. Her little girl Wren is so lucky to have such a cute room! This room helped me see that I could do light blue as an accent color and it still be very girly.
I can't for the life of me remember where I found this one. I think I just googled white nurseries and found it somewhere out in the world wide web.:) I LOVE the huge mirror mirror and the modern crib. I wanted something more along these lines but settled with what I found on Craigslist cause I wasn't willing to spend $250-$350 on a crib.
This one, along with having a lot of white just had a lot of elements I loved. I've always loved canopies even though I don't think I'll be doing one for Britt - I don't know, maybe I'll change my mind. But I just think its so classy and I love the neutrals paired with the white. Source here.
So since I got pregnant basically, I've been trying to find a dresser on Craigslist or at a thrift store that I could use as a changing table. I don't like the look of a changing table (I'm way too picky for my own good) but you have NO idea how hard it has been to find smallish dressers that are big enough to hold a changing pad and yet wasn't too big. I finally found one that was tall, long, wide and cheap enough for me to buy.:) This cute little one was $70, more that I wanted to spend since I am going to be redoing it (it'll be white), but after looking for 5 months, I figured it was the best that I was going to get. I'm just excited have one now!!!
I found this painting at the same place I found the dresser. I instantly fell in love with it and knew I had to have it for Britt's room. The baby blue will match her bedding perfectly and for $45 for an original piece of art, I was sold. I think it might go above her crib, but I'm not sure yet.
We are going unconventional and doing an armchair as opposed to a rocker. I just couldn't find one that wasn't over $500 that I liked!!! So I've talked to a couple moms who have done this as well and I'm hoping Britt won't mind.:) I figure if we HAVE to have one, I can always buy a cheap one from a thrift store and paint it.
This is Britt's bedding. Its just white with a baby blue stripe around the border. I love it!!! And I know I can use it if we ever have a boy.:)
This is the crib we found on Craigslist - $100 and it converts into a toddler bed. I got the mattress with it to!!!
And there is a big mirror I found that we'll be hanging in her room, but I didn't take a picture so you'll just have to be surprised.

Thats all for now!!! I can't wait to show you when its all put together!!! Have a wonderful Saturday! We are clearing furniture and closet space in Britt's room so we can set up her crib and get started!!!:)

2 comments:

  1. So glad to c the baby bump...call me and soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of that first nursery snap shot. Don't you already have that white chandalier? from what I remember in your previous posts.

    ReplyDelete