February 22, 2010

Well this isn't really a furniture/home improvment blog, but is about finding treasures that have been used, worn, and then cast aside by others, and resurrected by me.:) So I thought I'd share with you some of the pieces of furniture I've done over. As most of you know, my ENTIRE house is full of Craigslist, thrift store and garage sales (can't wait for the Spring for them to start up!) - I even bought my car off of Craigslist. Our new Pottery Barn sofa that we are waiting to be delivered is the only new piece of furniture that we will own.

Well, I've always tried to spruce up whatever I've bought in some way, but I have been completely inspired by Holly, over at In The Fun Lane. I swear I'm her twin that was lost at birth. No, unfortunately, we look NOTHING alike - she's BEAUTIFUL. BUT - she has a love for old furniture, great deals and WHITE. Her home is so so beautiful. Seriously, you will be SO inspired by her style and completely convinced that white is absolutely gorgeous. Anyway, I've been wanting to redo pieces and sell them for sometime and she was the final clincher. I have learned so much from her!

So, a couple weeks ago, I started working on a dresser that I use as a buffet table in our living room. I loved it but I needed to repaint it as it had a bunch of scrapes and nicks. It used to be natural wood grain and I painted it bright white right when I got it off of Craigslist and then this time around, I used a creamy white/ivory. I sold it to the nicest lady who is expecting TWINS this passed weekend who was looking for a dresser for her nursery. I LOVED that it went into a nursery. So here are photos of the dresser and nesting table that I sold this weekend.

BEFORE:
AFTER:
And then I found this little cutie at a consignment shop a couple weeks ago, which I primed, painted and went at it with some sandpaper and voile!

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Can't wait to show you more - I have several pieces in the garage I can't wait to start on!!:)

2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog and enjoy seeing your finds. I am not as young and slim as you are so the clothes do not excite me as much as the WONDERFUL furniture finds. Can't wait to see what you will do with a nursery.

    ReplyDelete